- National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS)
- Patarapong Intarakumnerd is now a full professor at National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS) in Tokyo. His research interests include innovation systems in Thailand and newly-industrializing countries in Asia, industrial clusters, technological capabilities of latecomer firms, innovation financing, and roles of Research Technology Organizations and universities. He is a regional editor and a member of international editorial boards of several international journals related to innovation management and policies. He has worked as an advisor/consultant for the World Bank, UNESCO, UNCTAD, OECD, JICA, German Development Institute, International Development Research Center of Canada (IDRC), and Economic Research Institute of ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Qatar Foundation
- Professor Laoucine Kerbache, PhD, is currently Chief Innovation Strategist at Qatar Foundation Research and Development (QF R&D) and Full Professor of Operations and Supply Chain Management at HEC Paris. Prior to the QF R&D appointment in January 2017, he was the Dean and CEO of HEC Paris in Qatar from January 2013 to November 2016. Further, he was Associate Dean, Director of the HEC PhD Program for the period January 2008 to January 2013. He has been teaching undergraduate, MBA, PhD, and executive programs (Trium EMBA, EMBA, open and custom programs), researching and consulting in the field of operations excellence, supply chain management, additive manufacturing, innovation value chain, and applied quantitative methods for more than thirty years.
Prof. Laoucine Kerbache holds a PhD, an M.Sc, and a B.Sc in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst (USA), an “Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches” from the University of Nantes (France), and a diploma of International Teacher Program from IMD-Lausanne, Switzerland.
He has been supervising numerous Master and PhD dissertations in the field of operations, innovation, and supply chain management as well as in the area of industrial engineering and operations research.
Beside his main activities at HEC Paris, Professor Laoucine Kerbache has been acting as guest lecturer in different countries and acts as consultant to various companies and to many international organizations in designing MBA curricula and executive management development programs. He has also held various management positions in the academic environment.
- LITE-ON Technology Corporation SLA SBG
- Tony An is Chief Marketing Officer at LITE-ON SLA (Smart Life & Application) Business Group, with responsibility for realizing new business opportunities and driving the new sales business growth in Smart Car and , Smart City for LITE-ON’s Digital Transformation, and to enrich LITE-ON professional B2B brand image. Prior to joining LITE-ON, Tony worked for Garmin as APAC Director in charge of Garmin APAC operation. Tony’s greatest strengths are his sales skill, drive and leadership. He thrives on challenges, particularly those that expand the company’s reach.
Nguyen Hong Anh
- National Institute for Science & Technology Policy and Strategy Studies (NISTPASS)
- Ms. Nguyen Hong Anh is a research fellow at National Institute for Science & Technology Policy and Strategy Studies (NISTPASS). She has worked on number of projects related to STI policy such as "STI review in Vietnam," "Financial solutions for technological innovation of SMEs in Vietnam," and "Reforming of state financial policy on S&T innovation activities."
- Mr. Bateman previously worked for Dell, Ruckus Wireless, 2Wire, PictureTel as senior executive and director of the networking department. And has started or been an early team member in 9 startups some succeeding, some failing and some were sold.
- Korea Institute of S&T Evaluation and Planning
- Changtaek Choi is the Head of Policy Coordination Team, Office of S&T Policy & Planning, KISTEP (Korea Institute of S&T Evaluation and Planning).
He graduated from Hansung Science High School in 1999 and from the KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) with a Bachelor of Biological Science in 2003. He remained at the KAIST to complete his M.Sc. & Ph.D. in NeuroBiology.
Prior to moving to KISTEP, he served as a researcher of Pharmaceutical Drug Development Center at SK Corporation. Currently, He is specialized in Technology Strategy planning and Technology foresight. In 2015, He worked as a Research Fellow at the Presidential Advisory Council on Science & Technology.
- Indonesian Institute of Sciences
- Dr. Trina Fizzanty is senior research fellow at Research Center for the Development of S&T – Indonesian Institute of Scientist (PAPPIPTEK-LIPI) and her research expertise is in management of innovation and management of R&D. She was former director of this research center in 2014-2018. This center was established to assist LIPI in conducting STI policy research, innovation management research in Indonesia, and STI measurement. She granted her PhD in 2009 from The University of Queensland-Australia in the field of Integrative Systems (Supply Chain Management). She presented numerous research papers in international conferences such as ASIALICS and SCA symposium. She published her research in national and in international publications such as Asian Journal of Technology Innovation, STI Policy and Management Journal International Journal of Agile Systems, and international proceedings.
- Korea Institute of S&T Evaluation and Planning
- Dr. Kang received his Ph.D. in Science and Technology Policy from the University of Manchester.
Dr. Kang has published academic papers and practical reports in the area of science, technology and innovation policy. His research has focused on S&T international cooperation and R&D evaluation. Kang was as a researcher at the Industrial Technology Support & Safety Division of Korea Institute of Materials and Science (KIMS), where he worked on the safety of nuclear power plants. He joined KISTEP in2005 and has worked for R&D evaluation center, innovation foundation division and international cooperation division and so on. He also seconded to Presidential Advisory Council on Education, Science and Technology (PACEST) as a researcher and member in the specialized S&T committee from 2008 to 2010.
Albert C.T. Li
- Science and Technology Policy Research and Information Center, NARLabs
- Dr. Albert Li holds a PhD degree in International Relations from the University of Reading, UK. His expertise covers international relations, European Union politics and public policy. He was a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Institute of European and American Studies, Academia Sinica. After joining the STPI in 2011, he has been involved in drafting Taiwan’s National Science and Technology Development Plans (2009-2012, 2013-2016) and White Paper on Science and Technology (2015-2018). In addition, he teaches EU Law in the Department of Law, Soochow University (Taipei).\
- Positive Energy Community
- French national, Nicolas Payen has 15 years of experience in both engineering and marketing / commercial leadership roles. His deep-tech journey started in 2008 as the co-founder of a start-up named Efficient Home looking after the emerging market of the Smart Homes / Smart Grid for Schneider-Electric. In 2012 he released the connected residential energy management system named WISER. This connected solution was then deployed in the largest French Smart Grid pilot.
In 2013, he moved to Hong-Kong to head the Smart Space Category for the Asia Pacific and to lead the deployment of a channel partner program for the building technology’s system integrators of Schneider Electric. In March 2016, he became the Global Head of Internet of Things for MANN+HUMMEL, where he lead an Innovation Lab and a Global Competency Centre on smart devices, digital services, big data, and AR/VR. In April 2017, Nicolas created the Future Economy Studio - a digital ventures building company in Singapore.
- Ideal Autonetics (PVT) Limited
- Aslam Pirzada is a recognized Entrepreneur among top 100 entrepreneurs of Pakistan. He was rewarded a shield being “being one of the world’s top 2500 Entrepreneur” in 2012 at Istanbul (Turkey) by Vice President of USA.
Mr. Pirzada is internationally recognized businessman, visited and established business connections in USA, UK, Turkey, Cyprus, Malaysia, China, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, Vietnam, UAE.
Mr Pirzada is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Ideal Autonetics (Pvt.) Limited. Today his company is ranked among top ten IT companies of Pakistan, ISO 9000:2015 certified, having Tier-1 level of partnership with Dell EMC and “Enterprise Partnership” with VMWARE. He is also running his own Software House. which is registered with Pakistan Software Export Board. He successfully led the company to derive enterprise lever of business with Millions of rupees tax contribution.
Salvino A. Salvaggio
- Qatar Foundation
- Salvino brings over 29 years of work experience, with extensive skills in general management, business planning & implementation, investment, and portfolio management. Salvino’s industry focus is mainly on ICT as well as innovation-intensive sectors (bank & finance, agri-business, media, healthcare, data analysis, etc).
Salvino is the Implementation Director of QF CEO Office, responsible for enacting initiatives and new programs across QF. Currently, his main project aims at reshaping the governance of the Research, Development & Innovation activities by engaging at a deep level across the organization.
Before that, Salvino was Industry Analysis & Grants Management Director of Qatar Science & Technology Park (QSTP). He managed and reviewed applications for the QSTP Product Development Fund, a funding vehicle for SMEs and startups that develop products and services relevant to the local market needs. Dr. Salvaggio played a key role in the establishment of QSTP in 2005.
- Tokyo University of Technology
- Naohiro Shichijo is a professor in Tokyo University of Technology (TUT) and director of Center of Institutional Research. Before joining TUT, he served as a unit leader in the National Institute for Science and Technology Policy (NISTEP), S&T Foresight Centre and conducted 10th national Science and Technology Foresight. Before joining NISTEP in 2012, he was an associate professor of The University of Tokyo (2006-2010), and Waseda University (2010-2012). He received his Ph.D degree of engineering from the University of Tokyo. Currently he has two positions in governmental organizations (Senior policy adviser at National Cabinet Office, Council for Science and Technology and Innovation, and visiting fellow at NISTEP). His research interests include Science & Technology Foresight, Technology Management, Innovation Management, among others. He has published articles in major refereed journals and academic proceedings both in engineering and management such as Research Policy, International Journal of Innovation Management, Technology Analysis & Strategic Management.
- National Science Technology and Innovation Policy Office
- He received a bachelor degree (1st Hons) in Medical Technology from Chiang Mai University, Thailand in 1986, Master Degree in Microbiology from Mahidol University, Thailand in 1989, and Ph.D. from Mahidol University in 1998.
At present, He is a strategist at National Science Technology and Innovation Policy Office (STI Office), Thailand. His responsibilities include: 1) policy and master plan formulation for various sectors such as medical science, modern agriculture, 2) consultation on spearhead research program. Besides, he is a member of executive committee of the targeted research initiatives on medicine and public health research program of the Health Systems Research Institute (HSRI).