- Deputy Head, HSE, Russia
- Dr. Gershman received his Ph.D. in Economics and Public Administration in 2007.
His research and teaching background covers management, innovation management, and Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) policy studies. In 2003-2010 Mikhail led innovation projects in the field of e-learning at the Moscow University of Industry and Finance. In 2010-2011 Dr. Gershman worked as a senior analyst in the corporate social policy field providing analytical support for key decision makers in major Russian corporations. While working at HSE Mikhail took part and managed more than 50 research and policy advice projects commissioned by large Russian state-owned enterprises, government bodies and international organizations. Dr. Gershman is a Russian expert at the OECD Committee for Science and Technological Policy. He was a member of research teams for a number of international research projects. He authored more than 30 publications on innovation management and STI policy. Dr. Gershman gives lectures on Innovation Management and STI policy at the ISSEK Master’s Programme ‘Governance of STI’.
- Assistant Researcher, STPI, Taiwan
- Dr. Yi-Dan Huang manages a program of Ministry of Science and Technology to call back talent studying overseas to contribute their expertise in Taiwan, and thereby stimulate industrial innovation and technological development. (2019 to present) In addition, she has been managing an angel fund of Ministry of Science and Technology to support the potentially academic entrepreneurship teams to close the gap between discovery and commercialization. (2013 to present) She leads a dedicated team of consultants offering early academic startup development consulting expertise to governments and universities. (2013 to present)
- Chairman, ZSF, India
- He was born on July, 16th 1949. Dr. Khan received his primary education in a small town called Bareilly situated in North India. He has completed his Master’s degree in Mathematics from Agra University, India. He has joined Central Scientific Instruments Organization (CSIO), Chandigarh in 1972 as a Research Fellow. He served CSIO as Researcher from 1973-77 after that he moved to Industrial Toxicology Research Center (ITRC), Lucknow to plan and execute its research program. In 1982 he was offered British Council Fellowship to go to UK for higher education in the area of Science and Technology Policy. He has completed his M.Sc. in Science and Technology Policy from University of Manchester in 1983. He has joined National Institute of Science Technology and Development Studies (NISTADS) in 1983 as Senior Scientist. He has done his PhD in 1993 in Science and Technology Policy from Roskilde University, Denmark. He was Post Doctoral Fellow during 1995-96 at East West Center Honolulu, Hawaii, USA which is world famous Institute. He has published research papers in prestigious International and National journals in the area of Science and Technology Policy Planning and R&D Management, Environmental Pollution and Waste Management. He has written four books on science and technology policy and also taught at foreign and Indian Universities science and technology policy courses. He has worked as Consultant to International Agency like European Space Agency (ESA), UNESCO, ISESCO and UNCTAD. He has been awarded prestigious fellowship by East West Center, Hawaii, USA, Commonwealth Scholarship Commission and British Council UK. Presently, he is working as Chairman, Zaheer Science Foundation. He is full Professor at Plekhanov State University of Economics in Moscow, Russia. He is member of Asian Innovation Forum and Asian STI Think Tanks. He is responsible for organizing several International Conferences on science and technology policy in India. He is member of the Editorial Board of Asian Research Policy which is an international Journal published from Korean Institute of Science and Technology Evaluation and Planning, (KISTEP).
Avinash Prasad Kshitij
- Senior Scientist, NISTADS, India
- Avinash Kshitij is a senior scientist and Assistant Professor at CSIR-NISTADS, India, involved in policy research on R&D analysis and growth. He is also associated with the Center for Studies in Science Policy, Jawaharlal Nehru University. His research interests include Innovation Capability Studies, Technology Foresight and Social Network Analysis. He has undertaken several research projects and has been actively involved in Development of National Database on S&T output and National Publication Indicators on S&T. He has also participated in Science and Technology Scoping Study identifying areas for cooperation between India and other countries. Over the years, he has developed expertise in the renewable energy sector in particular. Avinash has published several scholarly articles in peer-reviewed journals and conference proceedings. Presently he is offering PhD Courses on Sociology of Science, Innovation Systems and has proposed to offer a course on Technology Foresight at Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR), an Institution of National Importance.
- Director, KISTEP, South Korea
- Jang-Jae Lee, Ph. D. is currently Director and Senior Research Fellow of Research Institute of S&T Innovation and Strategy (RISIS), the Korea Institute of S&T Evaluation and Planning (KISTEP) and Honorary President of Korea Technology Innovation Society. He was former Director of KISP (KOFST Institute of Science and Technology Policy)(July 2013-July 2016), the Korean Federation of Science and Technology Societies and former Vice-President of KISTEP, with responsibility for analyzing STI activities and preparing technological innovation policy alternatives for the National Science and Technology Council (NSTC) in Korea.
- Researcher, CASTED, South Korea
- Dr. Xiyi Li received his Ph.D. in management from School of Economic and Management of Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics in 2004. Now he is a researcher at the Institute of Science and Technology Investment in Chinese Academy of Science and Technology for Development (shorted as CASTED) in Beijing of China. His main research field is policy research of finance for science and technology development and innovation, including Venture Capital, Science and Technology Bank, Intellectual Property Finance and Innovation Voucher.
- Senior Scientist, NISTADS, India
- Kasturi Mandal is working as a Senior Scientist and Assistant Professor at CSIR-NISTADS. Dr. Mandal primarily works in the area of Comparative STI policy studies, cross-country analyses. Holding a PhD in environmental chemistry from Jadavpur University, she works on issues encompassing the water sector. She has successfully completed several European Union and World Bank projects in the water sector. She has undertaken collaborative projects with several international agencies like Russian Academy of Sciences, World Bank, ILO as well has worked for national agencies like the Office of the Principal Scientific Advisor to the Prime Minister of India on STI policy issues. She had prepared factsheets on India Science Technology and Innovation for the Horizon 2020 program of the EU. She has published papers in several international journals, book chapters and has authored two books. Her recent research interests include Technology Foresight and STI issues in the Energy sector in particular. She is offering Phd Courses on R&D systems: India and the world, Sociology of Science and Innovation Systems.
- Chief Coordinator, DST-CPR, India
- Dr. Rupinder Tewari is the founder & professor in the Department of Microbial Biotechnology, and Chief-Coordinator, DST-Centre for Policy Research at Panjab University, Chandigarh, India with a rich experience of 40 years in the domains of academics and research. After graduation, post-graduation and PhD from the Dept. of Microbiology (Hons. School), Panjab University, he went on to receive a second PhD (Microbiology) from University of London, London (UK) and a Post-Doctorate from Washington University, Saint Louis, USA. He is a recipient of the prestigious Rockefeller Biotechnology Fellowship (USA) and Commonwealth Academic Staff Scholarship (UK). He has to his credit over 100 research publications in international journals and four books in the field of Microbiology and Biotechnology. His recent books, ‘Industry-Academia R&D Ecosystem in India......an evidence based study’, and ‘Mapping Patents & Publications of Higher Education Institutes and National Research Labs. of India’ have been highly appreciated by the policy makers and funding agencies of Government of India. Prof. Tewari has held eminent positions at Panjab University, such as Dean (Faculty of Sciences); Chairperson, Department of Biotechnology; Founder & Chief-Coordinator, Centre for Innovation Cluster (Biotechnology); Director (Hony.), Centre for Industry-Institute Partnership Programme. In addition, Prof. Tewari has been the Founder of Association of Microbiologists of India (Chandigarh Unit); Co-Founder, Chandigarh Region Innovation & Knowledge Cluster (CRIKC); and member of various bodies, related to Industry-Academia and Innovations, of Govt. of India.
- Deputy Director General, NISTEP, Japan
- TSUNODA, Hideyuki graduated the Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, and started his professional career in the former Science and Technology Agency in 1988. After the establishment of Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) in 2001, he was in charge of several positions; for instance, Director for International Science and Technology Co-operation at Science and Technology Policy Bureau from 2003 to 2004. TSUNODA has also worked at relative research institutes such as the Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC) from 2004 to 2005 and from 2015 to 2018, and the Office for Strategic Research Planning, Kyushu University from 2011 to 2013 as professor. In National Institute of Science and Technology Policy (NISTEP), TSUNODA was the 1st Policy-Oriented Research Group’s Director from 2008 to 2009, and he has been serving as NISTEP Deputy Director General since 2018.
- Research Fellow, KISTEP, South Korea
- Dr. Ikcheon Um is a Research Fellow at Center of Innovation Data Analysis in KISTEP. He has worked on the R-COSTII (Regional COmposite Science and Technology Innovation Index) in KOREA since 2017. He received a Ph.D. degree at Public Administration in Kookmin University in Korea. It is the main research interest for him to improve the indexes of regional innovation system in Korea and study the evaluation of National R&D programs. Specially, he is studying how to properly utilize the methodology of DEA(Data Envelop Analysis) and PSM(Propensity Score Matching) in National R&D programs and R&D Budgets.
- Senior Research Fellow, KISTEP, South Korea
- Laboratories. He holds a B.Eng. and M.Eng. in fiber and polymer engineering from Seoul National University and a Ph.D. in polymer science from the University of Akron in United States. He had over 10 years of experience in research of polymeric materials using X-ray and neutron reflectivity technique. He has published over 40 journal and proceedings articles and reports.